Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This and that, here and There!!

I have no energy left whatsoevr in me to write something innovative, out of the ordinary or something which will make you write real nice comments for me.

But, all Giving as I am I shall not deprive you of any non-intellectual humour/crap after all!!:P

I have started freelancing for a Co. So, right now I am working, studying, have commitments at home and of course dig my own grave even deeper by volunteering to do things that I could easily escape from! a very recent one being volunteering to be the public announcer at a rally in Cal!!!!! plz, stop reading that again and again!I did it! coz it was for a good cause and did not feature desperate and frustated spinsters screaching for attention. I am actually real happy that I was a part of it! bloody media did not give the cause any real coverage! guess it did not have enough masala to get their curry spices right!

I also came across a trait of mine that I would never have other wise. Leave me anywhere in the world and I will never get lost!! but leave me on foot!!
There is another trait in me that I can stand strongly for! my road sense sucks!! For those of you who know cal roads, I once walked from maidan to minto park to maidan again and back to rabindra sadan in a day and on another walked from esplanade to central to esplanade to central!!! yes, u read that correct, I walked. I didn’t get lost though! wow!! Having always travelled in a car for as early as I can recollect I was not too familiar with public transport. but now, well, things have changed! from metro to auto to bus to even tram!and I am happy about it!! I don’t know which bus goes from where and stops where, thus, I stop every bus I see and ask “dada, ekhane jaaben,okhaaney jaaben”. some of them even remember me now and before I ask say ,”na, jaabe na”. someones getting famous.

one good thing happened to me though, I have a new phone!! and its a pleasant change after having real sad ones for more than two years now!

10 comments:

Shom's portfolio said...

ok...i have a few things to say here. first...i DON'T know calcutta roads that well...and even i gasped. u actually WALKED that distance? i mean really...all of it combined u could probably be on the list for Guinness!
and well...u sounded like a horse (in your case mare) when u said u wouldn't get lost on foot because its said that no matter where u leave your horse it will always find its way back home.
and yes...i told u ur famous and finally...you're realizing that fact yourself!
and after all this...u trued telling me that this post was "boring"? someone here is really modest...na?

Shom's portfolio said...

oh!! and you have a new phone?! when, how, where from, why (ok..that one was rhetorical)? no but really...congrats.
treat treat treat treat!!
:D

What's In A Name ? said...

Happy Exploring! :P

Whats in a name.......... said...

wizard- ya right at this rate i will prolly become the new union leader of the public transport in cal!!!
u did'nt find this boring??well err okhay!!

namesake-yeah!!lol

Shom's portfolio said...

i don't know about you being the new union leader (though i won't find it surprising) but you sure will give kareena kapoor a run for her size 0 fame!! u will be size -1!!!
:D

Saim said...

dunno whether u'll believe dis but me n 4 other frnds [who were rather unfortunate 2 b accompanying me tht day] once walked 4m hastings to ripon st...yes am a freak:)
btw...welcum 2 d celeb club:)

Whats in a name.......... said...

hastings to ripon street?? hmmm...no i believe you.just curious..did ur friend ever accompany you on a WEALK after that??coz i have been abandoned!!i m met only if i promise i will use public transport!!lol

Whats in a name.......... said...

WALK''

Saim said...

well actually yes...he has accompanied me on "short" walks even after tht:D

Whats in a name.......... said...

aaah!!!short??? like from lets say from park street to MG road???hehe